Tuesday, September 5, 2017

How to come to Christ




We are saved (from hell, and the sin-filled life) by our faith - our belief in Jesus - Who He is, and all that He did for us. The Bible says that we must call upon the name of the Lord
The disciples went around pleading with the people to repent, acknowledging their need for a Savior, and turn to God in the New Covenant of Jesus Christ. Year after year the disciples went around doing miracles, preaching and teaching Jesus crucified, died, buried and resurrected, telling others of God's new law of love. Multitudes
continued to come to Christ, believing in the only begotten Son of God. Still the message was the same. It never changed. Traveling on land, across the sea, the message is: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."
1. Believe in Who Jesus is--the Son of God, yet God Himself.
2. Believe that Jesus died, shedding His blood on the cross of Calvary for your sins.
3. Believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.
4. Believe that Jesus now sits on the right hand of God Almighty on His throne in heaven interceding for you, on
your behalf.
5. Believe that Jesus is coming back to get His body--which is the universal church; that He is coming soon to God desires everyone to be saved It is God's desire that everyone be saved – Jew and Gentile alike. He sent His Son to die for the sins on mankind.
He doesn't want anyone to die and spend an eternity in hell.
1 Tim 2:3-4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
If you are not sure that heaven is your eternal home, and you believe the five points about Jesus Christ,acknowledging your need for a Savior, pray this prayer.
 
Dear God in heaven,
I believe that Jesus is Your Son. I believe that He died, shedding His blood, and paying the penalty for my sins on the cross of Calvary. I believe that You raised Him from the dead, where He now sits with You on Your throne and one day come back to gather His believers unto Himself.
I repent of my sins and acknowledge that I have need of a Savior. I thank you God that I don't have to live in my sins, but I can overcome them because of Jesus.
I now open myself up for Your Holy Spirit to enter into my life to make those changes within me.

 I choose to live the good life, right here and now and throughout eternity with You. I choose to live out my beliefs in Your Son Jesus according to Your Word--the Bible. I thank you God that I am going to heaven after I die to live with you forever. Forever, I am grateful for what You have done

No comments:

Post a Comment