Friday, October 6, 2017

LEADERS A MODEL OF GIVING




Leadership is the process by which one individual influences the behaviors, attitudes and thoughts of others. Leaders set the direction by helping others see what lies ahead and rising to the challenges. They see everyone’s potential and encourage and inspire those around them. Leading by example is a trait of a true leader. A group of individuals with poor leadership will quickly degenerate into conflict, because everyone sees things differently and will naturally lean toward different solutions. 
To lead by example is to be a role model, to be the kind of person that everyone else looks up to and wants to be like. One of the characteristics of leaders is that they carry themselves at all times, even when no one is watching, as if everyone is watching.
The Call to Example in Christ: Ephesians 5:1-20
Key text: “Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God” (Ephesians 5:1-2).
Lesson objective: To understand that the Christian community is called upon to follow the ethical example of God’s love in Christ to a fallen world; there exists a vast difference between light and darkness and between wisdom and folly.


The Example of Christ.
Jesus said to His disciples, “For I have given you an example that you should do as I have done to you,” and He added, “If you know these things, happy are you if you do them” (John 13:15, 17).
Peter wrote, “To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps” (1 Peter 2:21). And John added, “Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Jesus did” (1 John 2:6). Paul understood this and said, “Follow me as I also follow Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1).
Christ’s amazing example of godly love.
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command” (John 15:12-14). He not only loved His friends, but also His enemies: Matthew 5:44-45  
His attitude of humility.                          
Jesus said, “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself; He can do only what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does...By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me” (John 5:19, 30). Christ was totally yielded to the will of His Father
 Christ’s example of service to others.
Jesus said of Himself, “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many” (Matthew:20:28.

No comments:

Post a Comment